Ambae

Ambae
Home sweet home

Sunday, May 17, 2009

Life is calling...how far will you go?

When I was a kid I dreamed about helping feed the homeless in Africa. I had heard about programs like the Peace Corps and was very intrigued. My parents would mention, "what about the kids in our country." So, I pursued that passion to help others by getting my teaching degree and working in both public & private schools with special education students. Last summer when I realized that I was comfortable living in Colorado I had mixed feelings. I was excited to have found a place to be that was both comfortable and adventure filled. In Colorado there are always new things to learn and try. However, I am a person that likes to have challenges and goals to strive for. I wanted to plan for a new adventure. Peace Corps had been on the back burner for long enough. It was time to make the steps towards an experience that would be like none other. I was going to apply and see where the wind blew me!

1 comment: