Ambae

Ambae
Home sweet home

Sunday, May 17, 2009

The package has arrived!


Applying for the Peace Corps is not as easy as one would think. There are lots of hoops to cross through! I applied in October, had my interview in November, got my medical packet in December, completed all heath requirements by February, and finally got my medical clearance 8 weeks later in March! I am a patient person but waiting to find out the fate of your near future is stressful. So imagine my excitement when my invitation package arrives! This package would include my placement, job description, and departure date. This package would either be my future or I would be back at square one.

Drum roll please...


The moment arrived on April fools day of all days. But, we all knew this was no prank. I opened it up with Andrea by my side. I have been accepted and offered a teaching position in Vanuatu!! This was exactly what I was hoping for!












No comments:

Post a Comment